[Udpcast] Udpcast is great..but need some help

cmonster at icehouse.net cmonster at icehouse.net
Mon Jul 19 17:59:15 CEST 2004

This is a great product! I have already used it a bunch, I imaged 59 computers
on friday in an an hour an half. But I have some questions.

Question 1
    Most of my machines have the same hardware, but some have had hard drives
replaced. so some are bigger... If I go from a big hard drive to a smaller one I
get and error but it seems to work just fine. But if I go from a smaller hard
drive to a bigger one it says transfre complete. But when I restart the the
computer (windows 98) I get invalid system disk. Is there any way or trick to be
able to copy from a smaller drive to a bigger one?

Question 2
   I have been trying to use the command line tool so I can store images on a
server. I have a computer running Fedora core 2 and I can start the recieving
process by typing in udp-reciever -f pIII98. It says the following:
    udp-reciever 2004-05-31
    UDP reciever PII98 at 10.4.222.79 on eth0

On the sending machine I boot off the cdrom and start the sender, this is what
it says:

UDP sender 2004-05-31
using mcast address 234.4.222.2
compressed UDP sender for /dev/hda/ at 10.4.222.2 on eth0
Broadcasting control to 10.255.255.255

Both should be set to use the default port of 9000, but they won't connect. They
will both just sit there like this. If I boot them both off the cd they will
connect just fine. I am only not able to connect when using the  command line
tool.

If anybody could help me out that would be great.
Thanks
Kevin Christensen
Kuna Joint school district
Kuna Idaho