[Udpcast] UDPCast with Images

Alain Knaff alain at knaff.lu
Mon Jul 5 14:09:48 CEST 2004

begin  Monday 05 July 2004 13:27, Lee Kransen quote:
> Hi,
>
> I am new to multicasting and to UDPCast. I was wondering if it is possible
> to save a complete system to an image file, preferable lzoped or gziped,
> and then multicast the image to a number of computers using UDPCast?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Lee Kransen

Yes, it is. To save the image, just run the udpcast receiver on your
fileserver machine, from the command line:

 udp-receiver -f image-file.bin

To restore it, start a sender:

 udp-sender -f image-file.bin

Note: if your fileserver machine has more than one interface, you need
to specify the interface that you are using:

 udp-receiver -f image-file.bin -i eth0
 udp-sender -f image-file.bin -i eth0

Compression/decompression happens on the machines to be imaged.