[Udpcast] Timing problem with starting PXE boot and udp-sender

Donald Teed dteed at artistic.ca
Thu Apr 29 20:38:58 CEST 2004

Since my earlier email, I've also witnessed this:

Booting up all 15 machines, PXE boot suceeds and each
shows the UDP receiver ready.  I run udp-sender --file fileimage.gz
on the server and then a portion of them (8) them show as ready in
the list under the udp-sender.  Again, the ones that have not
shown up (7) in the ready list do not have "Hit any key to
start" or whatever, showing on the client.

All machines were powered off, the process repeated and then
all 15 did show as ready.  All machines completed imaging
sucessfully.  I didn't use full-duplex in either run, as I earlier
suspected this behaviour might be related to that option.

--Donald Teed