Trouble with tftpd and dhcp and broadcom ethernet client

Donald Teed dteed at artistic.ca
Thu Apr 8 18:18:03 CEST 2004

Thanks for the quick reply.

I've verified the same server used with another client machine
not using this Broadcom ethernet boots problem free.
So this seems to be a DHCP problem with the Broadcom hardware
or drivers.

I found this item in a mailing list which seems to be about a similar problem:

(Slow DHCP)
http://bohnsack.com/lists/archives/xcat-user/2518.html

Unless a newer driver for the Broadcom appears, I'll likely
go with not using the menu based client and just have it
automatically run receiver for when we are in full production.
That should avoid the second DHCP request being run.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

--Donald Teed