[Udpcast] Udpcast imp?=

John Allison John_Allison at abss.k12.nc.us
Wed Jun 11 20:29:07 CEST 2003

hello alain

i will use alt+f7 to watch the scripts.  when i say no connection is that the
sender will not talk to the receiver.  useing the xircom cards with a 10/100
switch i get a connection light when the sender/receivers are setup and talking
to each other.  this happens when i load the drivers for the pcmcia and socket
and xircom card by hand.  i am useing static ip's and not dhcp.  what happens
is that when you boot useing the 20036010 for pcmcia script start like it
should.  i choose english from th list and then it it tries to autoprobe the
nic and i get a flash of code going up the screen that looks like the drivers
static ip.  i don't get the screen where i can choose my own nic.  i use static
(no dhcp server yet) and setup all that (ip address and subnet mask).  then its
changes to a black screen with the standard "sender setup ready to image"
screen.  it looks like everything is okay but when i setup the receiver that
doesn't connect and the lights on the switch are not on.  Now if i load the
drivers by hand:

modprobe pcmcia_core
modprobe i82092
modprobe yenta_socket
modprobe ds

the lights on the switch are lite and the sender and receiver have a connection
and i can cast.  again there are no error messages or screens.  everything
looks like it should.