[Udpcast] udpcast scsi

Alain Knaff alain.knaff at lll.lu
Mon Dec 15 20:12:30 CET 2003

begin  Monday 15 December 2003 18:22, Randy Reames quote:
> I have used udpcast to clone ide boxes. But I cannot get it to recognize
> the scsi drives (raid 5) on a couple servers. It looks like the scsi
> modules are there but are not being loaded at the cd boot. How can I
> clone /dev/sda on these servers?
> Thanks,
> Randy

Actually, the menu system does not yet support loading of the scsi
However, if you have these modules present on your image, you can load
them manually, as follows:

1. Press Control-Alt-F2 , and then RETURN to get a shell prompt.
2. Load the needed module:
     modprobe aic7xxx
3. Press Control-Alt-F1 to get back to the menu system.
4. When asked to chose a disk, chose OTHER
5. Enter the disc's name. As the udpcast bootdisk uses devfs, you need
to enter the "long" name, such as:
 /dev/scsi/host0/bus0/target1/lun0/disc  for the whole disc,
 /dev/scsi/host0/bus0/target1/lun0/part6 for just one partition