[Udpcast] pxe undi network driver

Stefan Jaeckel jaeckel at wiwi.uni-halle.de
Thu Dec 4 08:49:38 CET 2003

hi,

the network driver has nothing to do with UNDI, after pxe (kernel and
initrd loading) you have got a normal linux booting process with a
ramdisk.
Be shure, that you have copied the driver module from /lib/modules/<your
kernel>/kernel/drivers/net/<your nic>.o onto your initrd. If you can
boot the "master" system for the pxe-image from hd or cdrom, type
"lsmod", to find out which network driver is loaded. It would be one of
"/lib/modules/<your kernel>/kernel/drivers/net/<your nic>.o". You can
also look into /var/log/messages or boot.msg on your pxe-system, to find
an error message about the missing module. Or compile the network driver
directly into a new kernel ("lspci -v" on the master system is also
helpful).

ciao

Eric Becker schrieb:

> I'm able to load the pxe images for udpcast successfully on my network
> clients using tftp and dhcp.  However, I'm running into a problem
> image or do I need to compile my own kernel with support for one?

Stefan Jaeckel

MARTIN-LUTHER-UNIVERSITAET HALLE-WITTENBERG
Wirtschaftswissenschaften(Computerpool)
Gro├če Steinstra├če 73

06108 HALLE