[Udpcast] USB

Nate Sbar nathaniel.sbar at marymount.edu
Fri Dec 27 21:07:19 CET 2002

A USB question.

I did some research and the on board NIC on my machine is not supported
by Linux (yet).  I'm no coder, just a mere helpdesk lackey, so instead
of writing a driver for the NIC, I decided that maybe I'd try to run
UDPcast over USB.  Now when I decompressed and mounted the initrd file,
there was one networking module that looked like it was a USB module,
but when I ran UDPcast from a bootable CD, I couldn't find that module
listed when I was asked to choose a network card.  My questions then become:

- Can UDPcast run over USB without any modification to the bootable CD
image and does that include USB 1.0, 1.1 and 2.0?

- If so, how do I use it (what options must I choose)

--

Nate Sbar
Lab Support Supervisor